At Gentry Heating, Inc., a professional HVAC dealer in Asheville, NC, we enjoy helping our customers save money whenever possible. That is why we are excited to let you know that President Obama has extended the 25C tax credits program that was so popular a few years ago. These credits were first instituted on January 1, 2006 and expired on December 31, 2011.
On January 4, 2013, the president made the credits retroactive for all of 2012 and extended the deadline to December 31, 2013. This means that you can claim a credit between $50 and $300 for qualifying energy efficiency upgrades you made last year or this year. If you have been considering an HVAC upgrade, you have less than four months to purchase it before the credits expire again. We encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to save money, improve comfort and increase energy efficiency in your Asheville, NC home.
Purchases Eligible for the 25C Tax Credit
To claim a credit on your 2013 tax return, you must have proof that you purchased and installed a qualifying piece of equipment. A $300 credit is available for the following items:
- Water heaters operated by an electric heat pump with an energy factor of 2.0 or greater.
- Water heaters operated by propane, oil or natural gas with a minimum thermal efficiency factor of 90 percent or an energy factor of at least 0.82 percent.
- Split system electric heat pumps with a Heat Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 8.5 or higher.
- Packaged electric heat pump with an 8.0 or greater HSPF.
- Split system central air conditioner with a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) of 16.
- Packaged central air conditioning system with a 16 or higher SEER.
Furnaces and boilers that are powered by natural gas, propane or oil with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of at least 95 percent are eligible for a $150 tax credit. Lastly, a $50 credit is available for an advance main circulating fan used in conjunction with a boiler or furnace that operates on propane, oil or natural gas. To be eligible for the credit, the annual electricity use of the fan can’t be more than two percent of the total for the boiler or furnace. It is important to keep in mind that these minimum energy efficiency requirements were the best available in 2009. Today’s standards are much higher.
Purchase Your New HVAC Equipment from a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
Gentry Heating, Inc. has met rigorous standards to be included in the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer program. When you purchase a new heating or cooling system from us, it is backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. After working with our company, we think you will understand how we met Carrier’s strict customer satisfaction criteria with ease.